EXHIBITOR PRESS RELEASE - SOCIETE FRANCAISE D'ASSAINISSEMENT (S.F.A.)
Stylish Water saving, Macerating Toilet from SFA presented at The Big 5 2018
French manufacturing company, inventor of the maceration technology in 1958
Paris, France (11th of September 2018) - The sleek, one-piece SANICOMPACT toilet from SFA offers a reliable green solution that saves both water and floor space in a residential powder room application. The product installs quickly and easily anywhere in the home, with no venting required. Equipped with a dual-flush push button, SANICOMPACT allows the user to control the gallons used per flush and conserve water. In addition to handling toilet waste and toilet paper, the SANICOMPACT can also pump water away from a nearby sink.
Operating with either 1,8 or 3 liters of water per flush (lpf), the self-contained SANICOMPACT can use up to 21 percent less water than a standard 6 lpf toilet when the small flush is activated. That translates into a potential household savings of nearly 60 liters of water per day, according to data from the U.S. Environmental protection agency.
Integrated design: SANICOMPACT saves space through a sleek, contemporary design that combines a macerating pump and a tank-less toilet bowl into a single fixture. The unit also comes with a soft-close toilet seat and all necessary hardware for installation.
With this integrated design, the SANICOMPACT measures only 39 cms wide and 43 cms deep. That makes it ideal for tight areas where installation space is limited, such as in attics, pool houses, bedroom areas, basements and garages. The SANICOMPACT is ideal for installations under a stairway or in a closet to create an additional — even temporary — powder room. Its comparatively low, 44,5cms height also provides easier, more comfortable access than a standard toilet.
Easy to operate: Made of vitreous china, the SANICOMPACT works in much the same manner as SFA’s other systems, except that the pump and macerating unit are housed inside the fixture. Also, unlike a conventional toilet, the SANICOMPACT needs no external, gravity-flow tank. That’s because the flushing-macerating cycle is automatic with a push of an electric button at the top of the bowl.
The system uses a 32 mm discharge pipe to pump effluent 3 meters vertically, 30 meters horizontally, or a combination of both. (Note: A vertical run of 3m is equivalent to a horizontal run of 30m.)
How it works: What follows is a step-by-step description of the flushing-macerating cycle in a SANICOMPACT:
- Pressing the electronic button activates a timer and a solenoid valve, filling the toilet bowl and washing its sides with water.
- Operating with a pressure of 0,48 bar, the pump motor starts, drawing effluent and paper through the bowl and to the macerator, using either 1.8 or 3 liters of water per flushing cycle.
- The macerator’s stainless steel cutting blades never need to be replaced and quickly reduce the effluent, pumping it away through the 32mm discharge line.
- The pump motor stops within 14 seconds of its activation and the bowl automatically refills with fresh water to be ready for the next flush.
- The pressure switch automatically activates while draining the sink causing the unit to turn on without having to flush the toilet to pump out the gray water.
- A similar system from SFA, the SanCompact Comfort, is a wall-hung unit.
View this video to learn of the SANICOMPACT’S setup and operation on our Linked In page “SFA Middle East”
SFA Group whose originated macerating plumbing technology — offers a complete line of waste and drainage pumping systems for residential and commercial applications. SFA developed its innovative, “above-floor plumbing” technology more than a half-century ago and has led its commercialization worldwide. Today, the company markets macerating technology through 25 subsidiaries in 60 countries and has sold more than six million units worldwide since 1958. SFA product line is currently available at Bin Moosa Daly in UAE.
For more information visit www.sfa.biz or contact us at [email protected]
To know more about The Big 5 (26-29 November, Dubai World Trade Centre, Dubai) click here